Friday, June 25, 2010

SMBA MUD 2010

I was so disappointed this year. Not that the organizers did anything wrong but I had made it a mission to get the day off to go up and help out, have fun and especially ride. My Mom was up visiting but didn't feel well so I couldn't leave my oldest with her and my wife was out. Not only that, it was pouring rain...FUCK! So I took a chance and ventured out with my oldest to go and check it out for an hour or so.
I probably should have stayed home. I hate standing out in the rain and my daughter likes even less than I do. It wasn't long before I got the question "Can we go home now?" and of course it was in the oh so lovely whiny voice, if you're a parent you know of what I speak. Oh and did I mention the sick bikes that were there to demo. High end stuff from Trek and Gary Fisher, also a few Ibis whips to try to. I didn't get to ride any of them. Anyway, not to sure everyone there was thrilled about me bailing on helping out...oh well. I guess I'll just have to wait for next year's.

No comments:

Post a Comment