Saturday, June 1, 2013

Problem Solving: Why I love what I do.


104 Bronson: Design, Engineering & Product Development from santa cruz bikes on Vimeo. I am always fascinated by how companies, not just bike manufacturers, but companies that make all sorts of consumer products go through their design process. I guess its because I am a designer and work through similar processes. My job is just like Nick Anderson's...except I don't design bikes I design fuel cells. I even use the same design software he does. To be honest I do more than just the engineering part but that is my primary responsibility. I love how they look at problems encountered during the design process. Like me, they tend to look at things from a different perspective than someone not involved in product design. If someone where to ask me what my job is in just a few words, I would say "I solve problems, that's what I do." I love solving problems. I love being challenged, whether the problem is related to cost, some physical aspect like specific size or weight, or even performance driven. A problem isn't a problem...it's an opportunity for improvement. I love my job even though it might not be designing bikes it's still pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment