Tuesday, March 1, 2011

New York Bike Law Could Mean Mandatory Licenses and Insurance For the Whole State

"This afternoon, Gothamist points us to a proposal by assemblyman Michael DenDekker, a Democrat from Queens, which would require by law that every bicycle -- not just in New York City, but in New York state -- have a license plate, to be re-registered every year only after an inspection of the bike. A second bill, also in the works, would make it so every rider must be insured and carry identification. The enforcement would mean about $1,875,000 for New York, plus $375,000 every additional year in fees. But that's not the point, lawmakers insist."

I am not sure how else I can put this but its TOTAL FUCKING BULLSHIT! This is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. It's just another way for NYS to remove hard earned cash from our pockets. And what about mountain bikes? I don't ever ride mine on the road and this schmuck wants me to insure and register the fucking thing? There is no way I am gonna put a plate on my Rocky...forget it! Can you hear it? The world is once again laughing at us...unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment